There are many daily responsibilities and expectations we place on ourselves every single day. It can be easy to get distracted and overwhelmed with things we need to get done. Schedules and deadlines become a priority and we focus on what the next big thing is. Some have crazier lives than others, but one thing that we can try to establish is a little routine for our own personal health and sanity.
Establishing a routine can have many health benefits. A healthy routine builds better habits, provides structure, and can negate the need for motivation. A simple daily routine can go a long way. Here are some examples of a daily routine to help give structure, relieve stress, and provide some peace of mind:
1. Practice Yoga – By adding in ten minutes of stretching or meditating every day will provide great mental and physical benefits. Make it a priority to set your clock and relax!
2. Make yourself breakfast- Set your alarm a few minutes earlier than normal to allow yourself time to make breakfast. This allows you to start your day off right and may help set the tone for the rest of the day to making mindful decisions in your diet.
3. Read something motivational- Get your mind right by doing some reading first thing in the morning to start your day. It can be as simple as a quote or daily article.
4. Hydrate- Have a full glass of water with lemon every morning to start your day. This will give you awareness to continue to stay hydrated for the rest of the day. It also helps to “get things moving!”
5. Make your bed! It sounds so simple, yet mentally, it can be so effective. This little routine provides an excellent sense of accomplishment and makes the room look a little cleaner!
You can make anything into a routine. Think about something you can incorporate daily that won’t overwhelm you, but only make your life a bit easier. Health is not only built in the gym through exercise, it grows through making changes in all aspects of our lives. My challenge for you is to establish one little routine to help improve health.
See you at the gym!